- 24/01/2018: New paper with Alex Arenas out today on PLOS ONE: A network approach to decentralized coordination of energy production-consumption grids.
- 07/12/2017: My latest paper with Alex Arenas and sociology professor Matthew Brashears is out on Scientific Report: A Mechanistic Model of Human Recall of Social Network Structure and Relationship Affect.
- On Sept. 20-22 I will attend the 2017 Conference on Complex Systems and give the following talks:
* An operational approach to epidemic response: validation and integration of real-time computational models - Digital Epidemiology and Surveillance Satellite Workshop (Contributed talk)
* Data science for humanitarian response - Computational Social Science and Complexity Satellite Workshop (Invited talk)
* Multilayer network analysis for socio-economic development and humanitarian response - Multilayer and Interconnected Networks Satellite Workshop (Invited talk)
* Computational support for humanitarian response - Biological and (Bio)Medical Complexity - Complex diseases and public health session (Invited talk)
- 17/04/2017: I joined the UNICEF Office of Innovation as Research Scientist.
- 29/11/2016: New paper out on Applied Network Science: Quantifying the diaspora of knowledge in the last century.
- 22/11/2016: Our paper "Untangling the role of diverse social dimensions in the diffusion of microfinance" has just been published on Applied Network Science.
- On Oct. 26-28th I will visit the HERUS lab at the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne. On Wednesday at 12.30 I will give a talk in GC B1 10.
- On Sept. 22nd I will give a talk at the 2016 Conference of Complex Systems on "Centrality in interconnected multilayer networks: mathematical formulation of node versatility and its applications". Session F9 at 16.00 in Room M - Effectenbeurszaal.
- This year I am one of the organisers of the third edition of the CCS Warm-Up, a school for young researchers that will take place in Amsterdam right before the 2016 Conference on Complex Systems.
- The preprint of my latest paper with Alex Arenas is now available on the arXiv: Untangling the role of diverse social dimensions in the diffusion of microfinance.
- Our paper "Evaluating the impact of interdisciplinary research: A multilayer network approach" is finally out on Network Science: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/nws.2016.15 [arXiv version]
- On June 8th-10th I will be in Valencia at the 2nd Annual Workshop on Complex Sociotechnical Systems, where I will give a talk entitled "Centrality in interconnected multilayer networks: mathematical formulation of node versatility and its applications".
- On May 19th I will present my work "Evaluating the impact of interdisciplinary research: a multilayer network approach" at the V Jornada Complexitat.CAT, the annual meeting of the Catalan Network For The Study Of Complex Systems.
- On May 10th I will give a talk at the Centre Namurois des Systèmes Complexes (naXys) on "Centrality in interconnected multilayer networks: mathematical formulation of node versatility and its applications".
- New preprint available on the arXiv: Quantifying the Diaspora of Knowledge in the Last Century, by Manlio De Domenico, myself and Alex Arenas.
- The preprint of my latest paper with Manlio De Domenico and Alex Arenas, Evaluating the impact of interdisciplinary research: a multilayer network approach, is now available on the arXiv.
- On March 23-25 I will be in Dijon at the 7th Workshop on Complex Networks (CompleNet 2016) to present my work on "Reclaiming the value of interdisciplinary research: a new index of scientific impact".
- On March 6-10th I will be in Regensburg at the 80th Annual Conference of the German Physics Society (DPG) to present my work on "Reclaiming the value of interdisciplinary research: a new index of scientific impact". The presentation will take place on Thursday 10th, at 15:00, at the Physics of Socio-Economic Systems (SOE) session 24.
- On Feb. 23-26th I will be in Cologne to attend the Networking Workshop for International Postdoctoral Researchers in Computational Social Sciences organised by GESIS and funded by the Volkswagen Foundation.
- On Jan. 25-29th (2016) I will be in Madrid, at University Carlos III, to attend the 2nd edition of the Winter Workshop on Complex Systems (WWCS 2016), a one-week workshop for young researchers from all over the world, created with the aim to foster scientific collaborations on complex system related challenges.
- On Nov. 18th I will give a talk at the Complexity lab Barcelona (ClaB, Universitat de Barcelona) on "Ranking in interconnected multilayer networks" | 13.00 aula 3.20 - Departamento de Física Fundamental
- 15/11/2015: I was elected member of the Executive Committee of the Complex Systems Society
- The 3rd edition of the Mediterranean School of Complex Networks will take place on 29 Aug - 3 Sept 2016. I will participate again as lecturer, and I am also joining the organising committee.
- 09/10/2015: I was appointed Chair of the Young Researchers Network on Complex Systems (YRNCS) advisory board