- I am co-organizing the first edition of the Complex Systems for the Most Vulnerable workshop, that will take place at CCS2018 in Thessaloniki on September 27, 2018. Check out the website and consider submitting an abstract: https://cs4v18.weebly.com/.
- 24/01/2018: New paper with Alex Arenas out today on PLOS ONE: A network approach to decentralized coordination of energy production-consumption grids.
- 07/12/2017: My latest paper with Alex Arenas and sociology professor Matthew Brashears is out on Scientific Report: A Mechanistic Model of Human Recall of Social Network Structure and Relationship Affect.
- On Sept. 20-22 I will attend the 2017 Conference on Complex Systems and give the following talks:
* An operational approach to epidemic response: validation and integration of real-time computational models - Digital Epidemiology and Surveillance Satellite Workshop (Contributed talk)
* Data science for humanitarian response - Computational Social Science and Complexity Satellite Workshop (Invited talk)
* Multilayer network analysis for socio-economic development and humanitarian response - Multilayer and Interconnected Networks Satellite Workshop (Invited talk)
* Computational support for humanitarian response - Biological and (Bio)Medical Complexity - Complex diseases and public health session (Invited talk)
- 17/04/2017: I joined the UNICEF Office of Innovation as Research Scientist.
- 29/11/2016: New paper out on Applied Network Science: Quantifying the diaspora of knowledge in the last century.
- 22/11/2016: Our paper "Untangling the role of diverse social dimensions in the diffusion of microfinance" has just been published on Applied Network Science.
- On Oct. 26-28th I will visit the HERUS lab at the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne. On Wednesday at 12.30 I will give a talk in GC B1 10.
- On Sept. 22nd I will give a talk at the 2016 Conference of Complex Systems on "Centrality in interconnected multilayer networks: mathematical formulation of node versatility and its applications". Session F9 at 16.00 in Room M - Effectenbeurszaal.
- This year I am one of the organisers of the third edition of the CCS Warm-Up, a school for young researchers that will take place in Amsterdam right before the 2016 Conference on Complex Systems.
- The preprint of my latest paper with Alex Arenas is now available on the arXiv: Untangling the role of diverse social dimensions in the diffusion of microfinance.
- Our paper "Evaluating the impact of interdisciplinary research: A multilayer network approach" is finally out on Network Science: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/nws.2016.15 [arXiv version]
- On June 8th-10th I will be in Valencia at the 2nd Annual Workshop on Complex Sociotechnical Systems, where I will give a talk entitled "Centrality in interconnected multilayer networks: mathematical formulation of node versatility and its applications".
- On May 19th I will present my work "Evaluating the impact of interdisciplinary research: a multilayer network approach" at the V Jornada Complexitat.CAT, the annual meeting of the Catalan Network For The Study Of Complex Systems.
- On May 10th I will give a talk at the Centre Namurois des Systèmes Complexes (naXys) on "Centrality in interconnected multilayer networks: mathematical formulation of node versatility and its applications".
- New preprint available on the arXiv: Quantifying the Diaspora of Knowledge in the Last Century, by Manlio De Domenico, myself and Alex Arenas.
- The preprint of my latest paper with Manlio De Domenico and Alex Arenas, Evaluating the impact of interdisciplinary research: a multilayer network approach, is now available on the arXiv.
- On March 23-25 I will be in Dijon at the 7th Workshop on Complex Networks (CompleNet 2016) to present my work on "Reclaiming the value of interdisciplinary research: a new index of scientific impact".
- On March 6-10th I will be in Regensburg at the 80th Annual Conference of the German Physics Society (DPG) to present my work on "Reclaiming the value of interdisciplinary research: a new index of scientific impact". The presentation will take place on Thursday 10th, at 15:00, at the Physics of Socio-Economic Systems (SOE) session 24.
- On Feb. 23-26th I will be in Cologne to attend the Networking Workshop for International Postdoctoral Researchers in Computational Social Sciences organised by GESIS and funded by the Volkswagen Foundation.
- On Jan. 25-29th (2016) I will be in Madrid, at University Carlos III, to attend the 2nd edition of the Winter Workshop on Complex Systems (WWCS 2016), a one-week workshop for young researchers from all over the world, created with the aim to foster scientific collaborations on complex system related challenges.
- On Nov. 18th I will give a talk at the Complexity lab Barcelona (ClaB, Universitat de Barcelona) on "Ranking in interconnected multilayer networks" | 13.00 aula 3.20 - Departamento de Física Fundamental
- 15/11/2015: I was elected member of the Executive Committee of the Complex Systems Society
- The 3rd edition of the Mediterranean School of Complex Networks will take place on 29 Aug - 3 Sept 2016. I will participate again as lecturer, and I am also joining the organising committee.
- 09/10/2015: I was appointed Chair of the Young Researchers Network on Complex Systems (YRNCS) advisory board